On Wednesday 13th March 2019, Tyssen Community Primary school hosted a Green engineering Science fair, where all year groups showcased all the great learning and work from The Big Bang Workshop. #STEMAmbassadors #bigbangfair #stemchallenges
For British Science week this year, Tyssen students across the school took part in ‘The Big Bang Workshop’ on 12th March 2019. The theme of this event was Green engineering. The Big Bang is a UK-wide programme led by EngineeringUK to bring Science and engineering to life for young people and to raise the profile of young people’s achievements in STEM. On the day we had support from Dr Ajay Sharman (STEM regional lead), Sally (STEM ambassador) and Sophia Acker (The Big Bang Project officer).
Each year group was given either a STEM challenge or a challenge from the ‘Engineering materials for a greener planet’ (Royal academy of engineering, RAE.)
- Year 1 – STEM: Wind power challenge
- Year 2 – STEM: Rainwater harvest challenge
- Year 3 – STEM: Ditch the dirt challenge
- Year 4 – RAE: Making a solar powered boats and vehicles.
- Year 5 – STEM: The solar challenge
- Year 6 – RAE: 3D chocolate printing.
#bigbangfair #STEMabassadors #STEMlearning