Tyssen Community School & Children's Centre
Oldhill Street, London, N16 6LR
Tel: 020 8806 4130 Fax: 020 8806 3620
Our children want YOU!
Are you what we are looking for?
If so, we want YOU!
We want to attract new staff that will be committed to working within the diversity of an inner city setting with a broad cultural mix. If you feel that you can make a difference by contributing to children’s education, then we would like to hear from you.
Tyssen Community School is an equal opportunities employer and committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, race religion, disability, sexuality or age. All posts are subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check and enhanced vetting process.
We are looking to appoint for September 2018 and our children have asked for kind and caring staff who:
- can make a difference by contributing to children’s education and well-being
- will be committed to working within the diversity of an inner city setting with a broad cultural mix
- can demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- will embrace and share in the community life of the school
- believe in our vision of ‘Proudly Achieving Together’
- then we would like to hear from you.
Tyssen Community School is close to Clapton Common with good transport links. Please visit our website at www.tyssen.hackney.sch.uk for further information about the school and for an in-sight into who we are.
Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Scale 4: £16,455 to £17,708 (actual salary range)
Contract type: Permanent – Term Time Only 30 hours per week
We are looking for staff that can build upon their successes and help us to give our children what they deserve to achieve in their education. This post requires someone who can provide learning and behaviour support for pupils, in particular those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to curriculum activities: this will include supporting children with additional needs in class, on trips, during physical exercise; and any other activities where a child will need support to access.
You will have:
- NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification is required for this post
- A strong understanding of special needs children
- A well-resourced school and children’s centre
- Friendly and supportive colleagues
- Well behaved children who love to learn
- In house training and further opportunities for professional development
- Childcare voucher scheme (Computershare)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Ride to Work cycling scheme
For an application pack please contact Tyssen Community School, Oldhill Street, London N16 6LR
Tel: 020 8806 4130 or email email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Friday 13 July 2018 at 4 pm
Interviews will take place week commencing: Monday 16 July 2018
Tyssen Community School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexuality or age. These posts are subject to pre-employment checks: an enhanced disclosure and barring service check; and references.