Tyssen Community School & Children's Centre
Oldhill Street, London, N16 6LR
Tel: 020 8806 4130 Fax: 020 8806 3620
To make Tyssen Community School and Children’s Centre a thriving hub that promotes inclusive teaching, learning and achievement within the ethos of mutual respect for all- promoting the motto:
‘Proudly Achieving Together’.
AIMS FOR THE LEARNING COMMUNITY
- Create an excellent, stimulating learning environment.
- Encourage children to take responsibility for their own learning.
- Work with parents/carers as partners in the learning process.
- Ensure high standards and expectations for all.
- Provide equality within the curriculum so all children reach their full potential.
- Create a hub in the community where we work together to provide better outcomes for families.”
- Encourage inclusion for all.
OBJECTIVES FOR CHILDREN IN THE LEARNING COMMUNITY
- Encourage lively, enquiring, independent minds
- Develop excellent communication and listening skills.
- Become problem solvers in all aspects of life.
- Develop a deep understanding of literacy and math enabling children to thrive in their daily lives.
- Develop all the skills needed for the children to be able to create and express themselves throughout the curriculum.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle, the feeling of self-worth and well- being.
- Secure a broad knowledge of British values so they can contribute positively to society and develop an appreciation of the local and global community; promoting citizenship.
- Foster ambition and drive to be lifelong learners.