Tyssen Community School & Children's Centre
Oldhill Street, London, N16 6LR
Tel: 020 8806 4130 Fax: 020 8806 3620
SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS & DISABILITY
SEN Report – 2016/17
(Please see in conjunction with SEND Policy)
Tyssen Community School and Children’s Centre values the contribution that every child can make and welcomes the diversity of culture, religion and intellectual style. We are committed to offering an inclusive curriculum to ensure the best possible progress for all of our children whatever their needs and abilities. The school seeks to raise achievement, remove barriers to learning and increase physical and curricular access to all. We have an unusually high percentage of pupils with EHCP/ statements. All children with SEND are valued, respected members of the school.
The school has two main areas:
- The mainstream provision (Early Years to Year 6) where SEN children are supported with additional support depending upon their individual needs.
Ms Mina Mawi is the school SENCo – 020 8806 4130
- The ARP where, for a small number of children with autism, a more specialist approach may be needed to support their placement within the mainstream school.
Ms Verona De Medeiros is the ARP Manager – 020 8806 4130
- Tyssen’s SEND policy for more detailed information on our teaching approach, transition, pupil and parent voice, adaptions made to the curriculum and learning environment for children with SEND
- Staffing structure for more information on professionals within the SEND team
- Provision maps for the interventions that run within the mainstream school
- ARP ‘Applying for a place at a specialist provision’ for more information for ARP placement
- ‘How to identify children with special educational needs’ flowchart for how children with SEND are identified
Parents and carers can find out what SEND (special educational needs and disabilities) services across education, health and social care are available on hackney’s Local Offer website. See:
Review Date: September 2017