Tyssen Community School & Children's Centre
Oldhill Street, London, N16 6LR
Tel: 020 8806 4130 Fax: 020 8806 3620
Do you want to see Oldhill Street made safer for pupils walking and cycling to school?
The Council want to trial a school street scheme where Oldhill Street would temporarily become a pedestrian and cycle only zone for up to 45 minutes at school opening and closing times.
Access will be maintained for residents, businesses, pedestrians and cyclists. The purpose is to tackle congestion at the school gates and improve the environment for travel to school.
A full consultation on the plans will be undertaken in mid-July – now we are just taking a quick poll to gauge support.
What is the proposed scheme?
- Oldhill Street, Feldman Close, Stamford Road East and West, will be made a pedestrian and cycle only zone between 30am-9.15am and 3.15pm-3.45pm on school days.
- Access for residents and businesses to enter the streets will be maintained for vehicles registered for an exemption.
- Other vehicles driven by parents, visitors, delivery vehicles and school staff, will not be permitted to enter the zone during the closure.
- All vehicles that are already in the zone during the operational times will be able to exit the zone.
- Signage will be erected at the entrance to the scheme on Oldhill Street, at its junction with Lynmouth Road and Clapton Terrace, informing drivers of the restrictions.
- Alternative routes will be signed around the restriction.
- The zone will be enforced by camera.
- Non-registered vehicles entering the zone during operating hours will be automatically issued a penalty charged notice.
- If approved, the trial will be implemented in September 2017.
- The trial will run for 9 months.
- After the trial, a decision will be made on whether to make it permanent.
Do you want to see these changes made to Oldhill Street?
Just respond Yes or No in comment box